Experience the Nazareth Jesus Knew
Nazareth Village is a living history farm and village that gives visitors the opportunity to step into the Bible and experience everyday life at the time of Jesus and Mary.
Nazareth Village is a place where you can:
- Hear Jesus’ parables with new understanding as you follow the shepherd’s path along the terraced vineyard.
- Engage with a working farm: where olives are picked and wheat is threshed before your very eyes.
- View the produce of the land: olives, wheat, almonds, grapes, and herbs and spices.
- Feed the sheep and goats and maybe ride a donkey.
- Visit Joseph, the carpenter, as he creates things in his shop; and learn to spin wool from Hannah, the weaver.
- See an authentic wine press that was used during Jesus’ time.
- Share a meal like Mary would have made—in a beautiful, authentic, setting.
- Step into the synagogue: an accurate replica, like the one where Jesus would have taught.